Events and News:
- NEW - Institute of Jazz Studies to Receive Literary Landmark Designation from the New Jersey Center for the Book - The ceremony is set for October 23, 2013, 1:30 PM, at John Cotton Dana Library, Rutgers University, Newark. This will be followed by the first concert of the Great American Songbook Series featuring Daryl Sherman, piano, Joe Temperley, baritone sax and Boots Maleson (bass).
- Jazz From The Archives - on WBGO radio
- Jazz Research Roundtable - schedule
Great American Songbook Concert Series, 2013-2014
--- Concerts will feature: Daryl Sherman (October 23, 2013), the Houston Person Quartet, the Warren Vaché Quartet, and others.
- NEW - World's Largest Jazz Archive Housed at Rutgers - Video introduction to the Institute of Jazz Studies, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
- Past Events - Jazz Strings Concert Series, 2012-2013
- Past Events - Newark Jazz Legacy Concert Series, 2011-2012
- Past Events - Concert Series: From Dixieland to Deconstruction, 2010-2011
- Berger - Carter - Fund (grants for jazz researchers)
- Journal of Jazz Studies, a new online open format journal on jazz
- Audio Collections of Benny Carter and Benny Goodman have been digitized
New digital archival materials resulting from a recent Mellon Foundation Grant to the Institute Of Jazz Studies
- Gerry Mulligan - A collaboration between IJS and the Gerry & Franca Mulligan Foundation, with music scores
- Jazz Archives Fellowship Program, 2012-2013
- Click here for a tour of the Institute in a Photo Blog -similar to a tour on-site
- Remembering Abbey Lincoln - 6 August 1930 - 14 August 2010
- Remembering Lena Horne - 30 June 1917 - 9 May 2010
-On September 22 - John Cotton
Dana Library and the Rutgers University Alumni Association sponsored a celebration of the life of Lena Horne (1917-2010) with a talk by Horne biographer James Gavin along with a special musical performance by Daryl Sherman.
Jazz Greats Exhibits